Fashion and Beyond: "Why I Make" Movie Screening by British Council
Friday, 27 November 2020
10:00 - 10:30
Fashion And Beyond
From embroidery in Mexico to glassblowing in the UK and the beloved batik, find inspiration in the stories and work of these practitioners through the stories from their perspectives.
With many of us in isolation and living at a slower pace, craft can offer us some welcome relief and hope. Watch the short inspirational videos from makers all over the world in a series commissioned by British Council, Why I Make.
1. Jewellery in Romania with Cleopatra Cosulet
2. Metalwork in Thailand with Saruta Kiatparkpoom
3. Glassblowing in the UK with Jahday Ford
4. Batik in Malaysia with Fern Chua
5. Papercutting in the Philippines with Patrick Cabral
6. Embroidery in Mexico with Gabriela Martínez Ortiz
In collaboration with British Council.